I grew up in Saint Paul, Minnesota where I graduated from high school, college, and law school. I spent 10 years working in the mortgage banking industry before transitioning to law school and a position as a court appointed guardian ad litem advocating for children who were the subject of child protection or custody cases.
After receiving my law degree from William Mitchell College of Law in 2002, I moved to Anchorage Alaska and took my first job as a new attorney with the State of Alaska as an Assistant Attorney General prosecuting child protection cases. I eventually left the AG’s office for more flexibility in the private sector continuing to work on family law cases as well as employment, real estate and other commercial matters. I joined the Anchorage firm of Schadt Law Office, P.C. in 2005 where the focus of my practice narrowed to real estate, business law, and probate. After five years, I went to of counsel status and started my own firm. And then in 2011, relocated my practice to the greater Seattle, Washington area. I have since expanded it to the Twin Cities metro area of Minnesota, and now have offices in Saint Paul and Issaquah so that I can better serve my clients in both Washington and Minnesota.
I have experience in many areas of real estate law including, commercial and residential buy-sell transactions, real estate financing and lending, mortgage defaults and foreclosures, leasing, joint ownerships, platting, municipal zoning and land use, easements, boundary issues, adverse possession, title matters, and condominium and homeowners association law. My business law practice includes business formations and governance, buy-sell transactions, leases, and construction liens. I strongly believe that everyone, especially parents of minor children, should have some type of life and estate planning in place should the unthinkable happen, so a significant part of my practice also includes drafting simple wills, living wills along with health care and financial powers of attorney.
· Alaska · Washington · Minnesota
· Minnesota State Board of Law Examiners/Minnesota Supreme Court
· Washington State Bar Association, Real Estate, Probate & Trusts section
· Alaska Bar Association, Real Estate and Business Law sections
· Anchorage Bar Association (2003 – 2011)
· Anchorage Association of Women Lawyers (2009 – 2011)
· Kids’ Corps, Inc. (Head Start) from 2008 – 2011, Board President 2009-2011
Pro Bono Services
· King County Bar Association Neighborhood Legal Clinics, Volunteer Attorney 2014-2015
· Hennepin County Bar Association, Volunteer Lawyers Network, Volunteer Attorney 2017-present